Senior Software Engineer
Blueprint Power is an NYC-based tech company that is helping real estate companies transform their portfolios into clean power plants. More specifically, we manage these power plants to generate excess supply that we can then sell to markets and customers who increasingly need more and higher quality supply of electricity. As a result, Blueprint will accelerate the growth and financial sustainability of distributed, intelligent, clean energy.
Blueprint is founded by experienced tech innovators & entrepreneurs from firms like Google, Boeing, and Vestas, and we are backed by prominent corporate leaders and venture investors from the worlds of real estate, energy, and tech. Today, Blueprint is well on its way to building our suite of data-driven, machine-learning tools. We have signed up prominent, top-tier customers, and are currently growing our top-notch team.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team reporting to the CTO. You will design and develop architectures and software solutions to complex problems across the software stack. We hope to have you join as a Senior Engineer with an opportunity for growth to include management based on your performance and company expansion!
We need someone who:
- Has proven experience architecting, designing, debugging, and coding large scale software solutions. Intimate familiarity with the challenges of scaling and proven experience solving those problems is a must.
- Has worked across the entire software development lifecycle by determining and designing system specifications, requirements, standards, and hands-on programming.
- Is a champion of maintaining and implementing software processes that improve the productivity of the team and greater organization. Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommends changes in policies and procedures.
- Supports and develops software engineers through technical and professional mentorship.
- Is passionate about great technologies, especially open source, and stays at the bleeding edge of software development best practices, methodologies, processes, algorithms, and techniques.
- Ensures delivery and development consistent with software engineering processes across the team.
- Works closely with Product Managers to meet current and future user needs.
- Accountable for the on-time and to quality delivery of software development projects.
- Loves to get their hands dirty by contributing across our platform.
- Point out your open source contributions or other personal projects
- Experience in the energy industry, industrial/IoT protocols, distributed control systems, or cybersecurity
- Impress us with your experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with large volumes of data and integrating machine learning models into a broader software platform
- Spent the last 5+ years architecting, designing, and hands-on coding of large-scale software systems.
- Ability to dive into new codebases, generate data-driven decisions for refactoring opportunities, and contribute code.
- Proven experience designing and building systems working in a microservices architecture.
- Has worked with other Engineering & non-Engineering team leads towards corporate goals and delivery.
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing APIs.
- Proven experience mentoring a team of engineers.
- Ability to translate business or product requirements into technical requirements, decompose them into issue reports, develop validation and verification plans, and deliver results.
- Familiar with basic hardware development such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi-like devices.
- Background in implementation of TCP/IP and UDP based protocols for interface with physical devices.
What you'll get:
- A competitive salary based on experience
- A friendly, casual, and supportive work environment
- Benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, and more
- Flexible work schedule with the ability to telecommute some of the time
- An opportunity to help shape our team as we build
- Remote, but NYC Preferred
If interested, please apply by sending a current CV/résumé to email@example.com